Does healthy mean dry chicken breast and soggy vegetables? It doesn’t have to be that way. Healthy can be flavorful, satisfying, and simple to prepare.
A perfectly cooked chicken breast and crisp vegetables make the perfect healthy dinner with bright flavor and colors for spring.
The lemon caramelizes on the bottom of the pan and adds a complex flavor to this simple dish.
Gluten free. Grain free. Paleo. Low Carb.
1 lb Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
1 lb Asparagus
1 Red Pepper, sliced in strips
1 Lemon, sliced
1. Flatten chicken to 3/4″ thick and sprinkle with salt and pepper while olive oil is heating in a shallow pan.
2. Add chicken and saute 3-5 minutes per side on med-high heat. Remove from pan and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning.
3. Add lemon slices to the pan and top with asparagus and red pepper slices. Cover and cook about 3 minutes until vegetables are slightly tender.
4. Pull out caramelized lemon slices, add chicken back to pan with vegetables and top with lemon slices.
5. Reheat until chicken is warm and vegetables are cooked as desired (this should take just a few minutes).
*Serve alone, or with a complex carbohydrate such as roasted red potatoes or quinoa.
Download more Free recipes for a healthy, happy family at the link below ⬇
The Health Body Breakthrough Cookbook will help you help you reach your health and weight loss goals without fatigue, cravings, or losing lean muscle! AND without having too prepare different food from what you feed your family.