We have seriously upgraded the nutritional value of that heart shaped box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day.
Dark Chocolate and dried tart cherries are delicious paired with nuts and seeds. It is a sweet treat (thanks to the raw honey) but high in fiber, Omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E, and magnesium.
This power packed snack or dessert is very filling, so you will feel satisfied after just one serving. No need to eat that whole box of chocolates!
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Raw Honey
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Hemp Hearts
1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/2 cup Toasted Walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup Dried Cherries, chopped
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Melt coconut oil and honey together. Cook on medium heat until the mixture starts to bubble.
2. Stir in vanilla and salt, then remove from heat.
3. Next add oats, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds, and walnuts until well combined.
4. Allow to cool a few minutes, then add cherries and chocolate chips.
5. Press into a silicone mold and pack tightly. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set before popping out of the molds.
*If you don’t have a silicone mold, you can use a mini muffin tin or press into a parchment lined baking dish and cut into squares after they cool.