When I crave something sweet, these nut and seed clusters are my go to snack. The Swerve and cinnamon add sweetness without sugar, but you could always substitute maple syrup or honey as well.
The nuts and seeds provide healthy fat, vitamins, and minerals that make this a healthy AND satisfying snack. You won’t have a sugar crash or be hungry again in an hour after this treat!
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tbs Water
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
1. Lightly toast nuts in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occassionally (about 5 minutes).
2. Remove nuts and then add water, sweetener, and maple syrup. Heat over medium, stirring until sweetener dissolves and mixture starts to thicken (5 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, nuts, and seeds. Then, let sit in pain for 5 minutes.
4. Spread mixture out on a piece of parchment paper and allow to cool before breaking it into large clusters.