Does back to school mean back to peanut butter and jelly at your house? We eat a lot of nut butter – but for some crazy reason my kids don’t want jelly with it.
I mixed things up a little – and added some nutritional boost – by making my own nut and seed butter. This mix is higher in protein, omega 3 fatty acids, potassium, and magnesium than anything you will find on the shelf.
- 1 cup raw Almonds
- 1 cup raw Walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw Hemp Seed
- 1/2 cup raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spread nuts and pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Place the nuts and seeds in a food processor with the sweetener. salt and coconut oil.
- Process continuously on puree setting until smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides occasionally. This can take 10 minutes to reach a smooth consistence.
- Taste and additional sweetener or salt if desired, pulsing to combine.
* Must be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator!