I think there is nothing better on a sunny spring day than a veggie-loaded chopped salad. A rainbow of toppings means I’m getting a wide variety of vitamins, antioxidants, and phytonutrients.
This salad is simple but very versatile. “As is” it’s a perfect side dish, add some leftover shredded chicken breast for a quick lunch, or top with grilled salmon or sliced flat iron steak for a complete dinner meal.
- 2 heads Romaine, chopped
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 cup Cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, toasted
- Optional – you could add diced hard boiled egg or Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Avocado or Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast (or Parmesan cheese or omit)
- For the salad, chop all ingredients and add to a large bowl.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a mason jar and shake until smooth and creamy (or use a blender).
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad and toss to coat. Once dressed, serve immediately; however, the dressing will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week.
My favorite ingredients . . .
**These are Amazon affiliate links to show you exactly what ingredients I buy online**