In the past, I was far from impressed by cauliflower rice. It didn’t taste like rice, it didn’t soak up the goodness of savory sauces like rice . . . it just wasn’t rice! I’m not promising this tastes just like white rice, but the taste and texture is a wonderful substitute. It pairs wonderfully with any dish that you usually serve rice with while being high in fiber and low in carbs.
Need more reasons to eat cauliflower. . . it’s anti inflammatory benefits reduces blood pressure, Cancer risk, age related memory decline, and autoimmune disease. If that list doesn’t make you want to trade in your favorite grain for this veggie, I don’t know what would!
1 head Cauliflower, cut into florets*
4 tbs Ghee (or unsalted butter)
4 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan (optional)
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
1. Place cauliflower in food processor and briefly pulse until they are the size of grains of rice. Set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ghee and garlic sauteing for 3 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower to ghee mixture and stir to combine. Cook until cauliflower is just tender.
4. Add salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese (optional). Stir until cheese is melted.
5. Serve warm, garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
*You can use a package of frozen cauliflower rice, but I find it becomes mushy. Fresh cauliflower riced in the food processor makes a more “rice like” consistency that I prefer.