Quick, healthy, and hearty breakfasts can be hard on school days. Overnight oats is an easy answer. Do all the measuring at night and pop it in the microwave in the morning. The coconut sugar is the perfect substitute for the typical brown sugar used in oatmeal, providing a more natural sweetener with some redeeming antioxidants.
- 3/4 cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar (agave nectar or honey)
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- Combine oatmeal, lemon juice, and milk in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice) and an extra splash of milk if it is too thick, stirring well.
- Microwave for 1 minute (or even serve cold).
- Top with blueberries and lemon zest before serving.