Sweet Potato Crunch Casserole
A sweet dessert like side dish. Packed with
vitamin A and protein, this is a healthier
version of your traditional holiday sweet
Light, creamy, and crunchy all at the same
time. What more could you ask for? You
won’t miss the marshmallows!
2 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
2 tbsp coconut butter (or coconut oil)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt, divided
1 large egg beaten
1 cup old fashioned oats
2/3 cups chopped, pecans
2 tbsp flour (I used oat flour)
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Place potatoes in a sauce pan covered with water
and bring to a boil. Simmer 6 minutes until tender.
3. Drain potatoes and place in bowl. Add milk, butter,
vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/4 tsp salt, and egg.
4. Beat with mixer until creamy.
5. Spread mixture into the bottom of 9×9 square pan
or pie plate coated with cooking spray or oil.
6. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Toss to
7. Sprinkle oat mixture over potatoes.
8. Bake for 20 minutes until surface is golden.
*Drizzle with additional tbs maple syrup for a sweeter dish.